A forwarders network should have one single goal: to serve its members
- A forwarders network should have one single goal: to serve it’s member in the best way. All efforts, all financials, all business should all be to the benefit of the members of the network. This is the achievement of FFNetwork. Therefore we built a democratic network where all members are evenly treated, were board and president are elected by assembly for a period of time only and where money is spent for initiatives in favor of members business development only. Where all financials and all decisions are transparent and easy accessible to the members, and where the Corporate Governance does not allow any personal benefits for the board. This is the way we believe a network should operate.
- Network is 100% owned and managed by its members.
- A non profit organization, transparent in finance and in corporate governance.
Member policy & acceptance
- Max 2 members per country, exceptions US, China, India and UAE: max 2 per region
- Financial stable IATA agent, or balance sheet signed by the accountant
- At least on the market for 5 years
- Active in the Freight forwarding business
- Three references
- Exceptions can be made upon decision of the board
Commitment of members
Every member must agree to the following basic standards:
- Maximum payment term 60 days
- Commitment to put as much business in the network as possible
- Fair legal and ethical business
- Every members contribution to the network will be evaluated on yearly basis
- If a member is repeatedly inactive, he can be expelled from the network and replace.
Financial policy, control and transparency
- All financials will be open to all members
- The yearly profit & loss and balance sheet must be approved by the financial commission of the network
- The board decides about all expenses. Expenses above €10.000 must also be approved by the financial commission
Board and rules of the board
- Board is formed by a minimum of 5 members
- Elected president will serve for a maximum of 2 years as president
- The board reports to the members
- There is no renumeration for board members. However costs will be reimbursed after approval of the financial commission
- Board members will have the same payment obligations as any other member. So no free membership, free hotel rooms, free sponsorship etc.